Wednesday 29 July 2020

WOYWDW

                                                  HAPPY WOYWDW 

I have so missed everyone while I have been away, I last posted  on the WOYWDW  on the 17 June, On the 23 rd I was bitten by my neighbours dog and only this week have I been able to craft and its been a long hall. Today I have at last got a smaller dressing on  my hand and the nurse said next week might be the last visit, 

Have had a lovely time with a friend who has been taking me out to try and cheer me up and I really don't think I could have got through this month without her, We have been going to the Westonbirt Arboretum and found something I never know existed and that was a Strawberry tree, and you can eat them, 

                                                          Arbutus Unedo - Strawberry Tree - Large Plant 
The tree with the strawberries on and the flower, 

                                                      
I hope everyone is happy and healthy and am so glad to be back, If you want to know more about WOYWDW pop over to Julia's Stamping ground   HERE  and all will become clear, 
                                               




Materials used for this card are, 

  • 15 x 15 cm deckle edged card and envelope,  
  •  2 pieces of 7 x 6 cm patterned card stock, 
  •  2 Pieces of 6.5 x 5 x 5 cm white card stock,
  • Bubbles born to shop clear stamps, 
  • Satin, Aegean, sandstone, tan, rose pink, oatmeal, magenta, lilac promarkers 

Challenges I will enter this card for are,
  1. Crazy Catz, Challenge #516 Make it Funny. 
  2. Polkadoodle Craft Challenge  Week  #30 Anything card and craft making goes, 
  3. CARDZ TV Anything Goes Challenge #119 
  4. KKC  #517 All occasions.
                                               
                                        Well the desk is nearly back it its messy self after a month 
                                        of no crafting, its all set to go with the inks some stamps and
                                         lots of odds and ends, Just got to find the mojo and I will be set, 

                                                                 

14 comments:

  1. Oh Lilian, I am so sorry to hear what happened to you. What an appalling thing to happen, it must have shaken you up so much. Thank goodness for your friend, worth more than rubies especially when you're going through tough times. I haven't been to Westonbirt for years, it's so lovely, I'm glad you enjoyed your visit there.
    And the Chunky Dunk caption made me laugh a lot!!
    Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute birthday card. Thank you for joining the Polkadoodle Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your cute card with us at Krafty Chicks Challenge! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lillian, oh how awful for you! That must have been quite frightening. Glad to hear you are well on the mend. I've never heard of a strawberry tree either. Love the card, very funny. Stay safe, have a lovely week, hugs, Shaz #7 X

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh you poor thing how awful :( That would frighten the life out of me - so glad you have had such a good friend to help you get though it all.Take care . Soojay#18

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh poor you! hope the hand is fully healed soon. there is a strawberry tree at Kew but never seen it with so much fruit on as that one! have a good week and take care. Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  7. You poor thing, pleased the hand is getting better and hope the y are keeping the dog under control. Interesting tree. Have a lovely crafty woyww, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou for sharing your fun card with us at CraftyCatz this week.
    Hope thngs get better for you from now on, take care.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a horrible thing to happen to you Lilian. Glad you have had a friend to sheer you up while you've not been able to craft and that you are now back with us. I've never come across a strawberry tree before! Stay safe and happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #10

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back to blogland matey, with your lovely card and photos. Sorry about the dog bite and hope that your hand is making an excellent recovery - you can't keep a crafter down for long!

    Happy WOYWW, sorry I didn't visit yesterday but you've only just appeared in my reading list! WTFrack!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lillian. Sorry I am a day late got a bit tied up with paint and phonecalls yesterday!! Oh no! That's horrible. You must have been so frightened - and for it to take so long to heal, must have been quite a bite! I'm so glad you have been able to go out to Westonbirt - it's gorgeous, isn't it - I went last year when touring round Britain in the caravan. I'm loving the fun card!!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry you had been hurt. hope you feel better now. Beautiful cards. Thank you for join us at Polkadoodles craft challenge blog. good luck with your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to hear about your hand - hope you will be totally better soon...
    Happy belated woyww!
    Stay safe and keep well
    Susan #6

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Lilian, I am so sorry to hear what happened. I am so glad you have a lovely faithful friend to take you under her wing and cheer you up! Our next door neighbour was recently attacked by a dog when she walked near a place where there are a lot of travellers camped, and her leg is in quite a bad way. She's an older lady and they are worried it is going to ulcerate. The police have been involved. I am sure you will agree that it's not just the bite, but the shock and scariness of the whole thing which makes it all so much worse. It's a very traumatic experience.

    I am glad you've had a good nurse to look after it for you and make sure it is healing up OK. Take good care, and I hope you are managing to keep cheerful!

    Crafting is great therapy.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #12

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting, I enjoy reading your comments, a positive comment are so uplifting

Lilian

End of the month,

    Last post of the month and it does not seem like it should be, We still have no sign of what should be spring, although some days its sp...