Monday 15 February 2016

Another week starts

Morning all,

                      Well this weather sure wants to make its mind up. it is never the same from one day to the next, I suppose we can not expect anything else really as soon [ I hope ] the spring will be here. There are so many spring flowers out now and lots of shrubs are trying to come out. Then we have a cold spell and they are knocked back,

I have for a long time been looking at the plastic matting that I place under my chopping board to so it does not slip while cutting on the board, I wondered what it would look like if  I used it as a background. Well at last I finally got round to trying in on the card, I have enclosed a picture of the mat. I  put some decadent grape textured paste over the top  with an old credit card and waited over night and I loved how it looked, So it just goes to show that all different things can work. 






This is what i used for the background I covered it with  decadent grape Textured paste 


Materials used

  • 20 x 15 aperture  card blank and envelope,
  • small piece of plastic matting,
  • Oriental  lady&  clear stamps 
  • Decadent grape textures paste.
  • Salmon pink, yellow, lime green, sky blue promarkers


Challenges I will enter this card for are;

  1. TTCRD Challenge February 9 - 15, 2016 anything goes,
  2. Create and inspire Challenge 39. anything goes,
  3. The Male Room  Challenge # 28 oriental,
  4.  Little miss muffet challenge #131- Anything goes 


6 comments:

  1. Well done on this experimental card and good luck with your chosen challenges

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and lovely image!! Great design at your card!!
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs! Cicci
    TTCRD DT
    Cicci Vid Pennan {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is lovely, thank you for joining us at Little Miss Muffet challenges and good luck, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super idea! I think the texture is just fab behind the wonderful image. Thanks so much for playing along with our Oriental theme at The Male Room! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I would never have thought to use non slip matting, great idea. Thank you for sharing it with us at TMR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun background element - Wonderful card! Thanks for joining the Challenge at Little Miss Muffet Stamps!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting, I enjoy reading your comments, a positive comment are so uplifting

Lilian

WOYWDW

                                                                     Materials used for this card are . 18 x 13 cm card blank and envelope. ...